If you have old WDB Files which you need to open and extract data from and don’t have a copy of Microsoft Works laying around here’s the method that we recently used to extract the information from an old WDB file. Your mileage may vary depending on the complexity of the original WDB file.
- Uninstall any existing Java versions off your computer from the Control Panel
- Install Java Runtime Environment JRE-7u76 – this can be downloaded still from third party sites like Major Geeks – http://www.majorgeeks.com/mg/getmirror/java_runtime_environment_(jre)_32_bit,1.html
- Go to the Windows Control Panel and click on the Java Applet
- Under the Security tab change the settings to the same as this image:
- Visit the following page and click on the Launch button – http://www.codealchemists.com/worksdatabaseconverter/
- Accept any security prompts, select the source and destination and click on Convert
- Cross your fingers.