To connect to a Microsoft Remote Desktop, also known as RDP or Terminal Services from your mac please follow these instructions.
Step 1 – Download the Microsoft Remote Desktop Client
To do this you will first need to download the latest RDP client for Mac on the Mac App Store
Step 2 – Open the Microsoft Remote Desktop Client
Open up the the Remote Desktop client by clicking on the launchpad icon and then Microsoft Remote Desktop
Click on New
And then fill in the details you have been provided
- Connection Name – This is the friendly name, call it anything you like
- PC Name – This is the server address that was provided to you
- Gateway – Leave as is unless otherwise instructed
- Username – As provided to you
- Password – Your Password
- Resolution – Change this to what ever screen size you would like the RDP session to open up in. With the tick box below it, of you don’t uncheck it the RDP session will open up in a full screen and override those settings.
Once finished click on the red close button up the top left and you should see your new connection in the list.
Step 4 – Open Your RDP Session
Simply double click on the connection in the list and if you have put in the correct details it will log in to the server you have requested.