Checkdisk (CHKDSK) is great for checking a hard drive in your computer but what if you want to see the results after the computer has rebooted. This is even more important when you schedule a checkdisk to run remotely and you want to see the results. So where are the check disk logs located?
Follow these steps to view the Check Disk (CHKDSK) results:
- Open the Control Panel
- Open Administrative Tools
- Select Event Viewer.
- In the Event Viewer expand the Windows Logs
- Select the Application log.
- Right Click the Application log and select Find
- Type wininit in the box and click Find Next
- In the middle pane click the Source/wininit line that is found.
- In the south pane, you will see the complete log for the latest Check Disk (CHKDSK).