Instructions for Resetting the SMC and PRAM on an Apple iMac
- Shut down the computer
- Unplug the computer’s power cord from both the wall and computer.
- Wait 15 seconds.
- Attach the computers power cable.
- Wait another 5 seconds and press the power button to turn on the computer.
- Shut down the computer.
- Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command, Option, P, and R. You will need to hold these keys down simultaneously in step 4.
- Turn on the computer.
- Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys. You must press this key combination before the gray screen appears.
- Hold the keys down until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for the second time.
- Release the keys.
Click to rate this post!