How to add an SSL Certificate to a Unifi Controller when hosted on a Windows instance:
- Download a program called Keystore Explorer from here > https://keystore-explorer.org/
- Open the existing keystore (C:\<PATH TO YOUR INSTALLATION LOCATION>\Ubiquiti UniFi\data\keystore) with password “aircontrolenterprise”
- Tools > Import Key Pair
- Select the key type use PKCS #12
- Choose the PFX file you exported and enter the password.
- Use “aircontrolenterprise” for the key pair password when requested.
- Choose File, Save As
- Set the keystore password to “aircontrolenterprise” << I used this password again as a different one seems to give me a TIME OUT after restating the application and/or service
- Save file as “keystore”
- Set keystore file as read-only
- Restart the service (if you are running the controller as a service) or application
If for some reason the existing keystone is giving you issues you can create a new one by adding the following line to your system.properties file and restarting the service: “app.keystore.pass=aircontrolenterprise” (without “”)