After upgrading your Mac to El Capitan 10.11 you may find that your printer no longer prints and you receive the following message in the print queue:
Stopped – ntdcmsmac open fail:dlopen(/usr/lib/fxthm3acl.dylib
To resolve this error please follow these instructions:
- Download the latest printer driver for your printer
- Restart your Mac and reboot in to Recovery Mode by holding down COMMAND + R as the Mac restarts
- Open Terminal and deactivate System Integrity Protection (SIP) by typing in the following command:
- Restart your Mac
- Install the Printer with the latest driver using the Printer Driver’s installer program
- Test Printing
- If all is successful Restart your Mac and reboot back in to Recovery Mode
- Reactivate System Integrity Protection (SIP) byt typing in:
- Restart your Mac again.
These instructions may not work for all issues however it has assisted for a couple of different printer manufacturers particularly Fuji Xerox and HP.